I route the packets that make the Internet sing.
I have been a casual Linux user since Slackware 3.0 (Hello Walnut Creek!) and an Ubuntu user since around version 6.06 or 6.10.
My primary professional skill set has been focused on the design, implementation, operation, and daily management of enterprise networks.
This includes the configuration and operation of network hardware as well as the care and feeding involved in the network monitoring systems supporting them. The hardware includes routers, switches, firewalls, wan-optimizers, and occasionally load balancers (mostly Cisco, Riverbed, and f5 systems).
IRC: maggotbrain on irc.freenode.net
Top Network Posts
- 91How to install gcc-4.8
- 82Setting JDK 7 as default
- 80SmartGit Installation and Usage on Ubuntu
- 59Any way to check the clock speed of my processor?
- 42How does my sys admin know that I haven't rebooted my system?
- 40How to find all the used IP addresses on a network
- 39What is the difference between the different vim packages available in Ubuntu
- View more network posts →